Any fit foodie will squeal for joy at the range of colors in this salad. The creamy avocado and fresh, tangy mango are sure to have your taste buds dancing with excitement.
1 mango, peeled but not cut
1 c. romaine lettuce, shredded
1 c. arugula
1/3 cob of corn
½ tsp. olive oil
¼ c. water
Balsamic Vinaigrette ingredients (you will have leftovers):
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- Place ¼ water in a shallow glass dish. Drizzle the cob of corn with olive oil and pinch of salt. Place in microwave for 5 minutes.
- Divide romaine lettuce between two plates. Place ½ arugula atop each of the plates of romaine.
- Slice the avocado in half, and scoop each half out with a spoon. Cut each half into thin slices, taking note not to cut slices all the way through (see picture). Gently fan out avocado with hand to create an appetizing appearance. Place on one corner of each plate.
- Repeat step 3 with mango, and place on opposite side of plate.
- With a knife, shave corn off of cob and divide evenly among plates.
Balsamic Vinaigrette directions:
- Simply place balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, amd pepper in Mason jar. Shake very passionately. 😉
Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and bon appetit!