Naturally dairy and gluten free, these rice noodles are wonderful as a meal on its own, or served alongside a main course. Prepare without chicken for a lovely vegetarian or vegan option. The crunch of the carrots and corn balance out the zing of the cilantro and ginger all while paired in perfect harmony with thin brown rice noodles.
Ingredients 12 ounces thin brown rice noodles 1 free-range chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes 1 tablespoon corn starch 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce 1.5 tablespoons peanut oil 2 carrots, shredded 1/4-1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped 1/2 cob of cooked corn, kernels removed from husk Dressing 2 tablespoons ginger, grated 6 tablespoons light soy sauce 4 tablespoons vinegar 3 tablespoons sesame oil 2 tablespoons honey 5-6 cloves garlic, crushed 3 tablespoons peanut oil Sriracha, for serving (optional) Directions:
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to get rid of excess starch. Allow noodles to cool and proceed to next step.
- Mix corn starch & soy sauce together. Coat chicken with this mixture.
- Place 1.5 tablespoons peanut oil in skillet over medium heat. Add cubed chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, add rice noodles, chicken, shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, and corn.
- In a skillet, add 3 tablespoons peanut oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic & ginger and allow to cook until fragrant, taking care not to burn garlic or ginger. Add honey, then turn off heat and add honey, vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Allow sauce to cool.
- Mix sauce into chicken rice noodle salad, garnish with cilantro & sriracha as pictured, and serve. Best served cold or at room temperature.