Inspired by a recent trip to Italy, this fig salad incorporates everything wonderful into one plate. Creamy cheeses are combined with ripe, sweet figs and placed on a bed of crisp arugula. Topped with pistachios, almonds, and a lovely honey balsamic vinaigrette (which can be used with many other salads!), this vegetarian salad is fit, filling, and delicious.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Creamy Fig Salad
6 cups arugula
6 large red or green figs—the riper, the better
2.5 oz goat cheese or honeyed goat cheese
3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons milk (or half & half if you want to get crazy)
1/4 cup shelled pistachios
1/4 cup slivered almonds
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients into mason jar and SHAKE! Set aside.
- Lay 1 cup of arugula on each plate.
- Score fig into fourths. Lay on top of arugula.
- Combine goat cheese, mascarpone cheese & milk. Mix together until very well incorporated.
- Roll cheese mixture into 4 balls and place inside of fig. Top with pistachios, almonds, and honey balsamic vinaigrette. And sahtein–or deux healths!